Adult Faith Formation
Child & Family Life
Pastoral Council Vision: Provide Christ-centered leadership for our Catholic parish
Mission: Collaborate with and support the pastor in fulfilling the mission of the parish. Identify and motivate strong leaders and support them in the development of our Catholic parish life and ministries.
The Parish Pastoral Council is consultative to the pastor and operates under the principles of shared responsibility and accountability. In keeping with its purpose of continuing the mission of Jesus, the Parish Pastoral Council strives to:
- become a praying community and by this example lead the parish to a fuller life of prayer.
- be sensitive to the movement of the Spirit among the People of God in the parish.
- be truly representative of all members of the parish in planning and decision-making.
- support the pastor in his role as shepherd of the parish.
- foster unity in the parish.
- encourage full participation of parishioners in parish life.
- promote on-going dialogue among the pastoral staff, parishioners and the various parish organizations.
- assess the needs and strengths of the parish community.
- establish priorities, goals, and objectives for the parish, in consultation to and in collaboration with the pastor in service to the parish, to the diocese, and to the Universal Church.
- provide leadership, direction, education, resources, and encouragement in accordance with on-going and changing goals of the parish, and the Universal Church.
- evaluate the parish community’s progress toward its identified goals and objectives.